Benefits vary according to your employment type.
Harvard benefits-eligible categories ordinarily include:
* Postdocs who are paid by their PI ("Employee" postdocs)
* Stipendee postdocs in life science departments
* Research Associates.
...who also have to be:
* Employed on a regular University payroll
* Receive a paycheck from Harvard, and
* Work at least 17.5 hours/week or a base annual rate of at least $15,000
Non Harvard benefits-eligible postdocs are
* Stipendee fellowship postdocs not in life science departments, who receive their stipend from Harvard
* External ("Visiting") postdocs, who are primarily paid directly (not through Harvard).
If you have further questions about your status, contact your department administrator. For further questions, call the Benefits Office Office directly at 617 496 4001.